If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Toronto loves its street festivals. Taste of the Danforth has attracted 1.6 million attendees who delighted in immersing themselves in Greek culture and cuisine in previous years. It’s been going strong since 1994 with only a break due to the pandemic. Now it’s back and it really is going to be bigger and better than ever!
The festival is named for Danforth Avenue in the heart of Toronto’s Greektown. Be sure to come hungry and you can eat your way from Broadview to Jones Avenue, one gyro at a time.
Toronto’s lively Greek community has been centered around Danforth since 1960. It forms the largest Greektown in all of North America.
If Toronto’s Greektown looks familiar, that’s because the neighborhood was included in the movie, “My Big Fat Greek Wedding.” The neighborhood is so Greek, even the street signs are bilingual.
Taste of the Danforth Hours
- Friday, August 11- 6 pm to 12 am
- Saturday, August 12 – 12 pm to 12 am
- Sunday, August 13 – 12 pm to 10 pm
Come for the food, then stay for the fun! Get ready to drink, dance, eat and celebrate the diversity of cultures that is Toronto!
Taste of the Danforth Activities
Things to do at Taste of the Danforth:
- BattleSports’ Rage Room
- Autograph Sessions
- Children’s Acrobatics
- Carnival Midway
- Dance Lessons
- Food Tasting
- Traditional Plate Breaking
- Celebrity Stage
- Greek Stage
- Merchandise Vendors
- Kids Zone
- Food Vendors
- Beer Garden
- Sports celebrity meet & greet
- Merchandise Vendors
This not-for-profit street festival celebrates culture, music and food, food and more food. There will be lots and lots of fun, family friendly entertainment.
If you liked the Greed food at Taste of the Danforth and now want to learn more about Greek cooking, try these cookbooks. You can use our links to save money on each one.
- My Greek Table: Authentic Flavors & Modern Home Cooking by Diane Kochilas
- Sea Salt & Honey: A New Greek Cookbook by Nicholas Tsakiris & Chloe Tsakiris
- The Foods of the Greek Islands by Aglaia Kremeze
- The Athenian: Eat Like A Greek by Tim Vasilakis
Or you can enjoy Greek cuisine in the 10 Best Greek Restaurants in Toronto as chosen by the users of TripAdvisor.
- Estiatorio VOLOS
- Pantheon Restaurant
- Athens Restaurant
- Athens Pastry
- FAT Lamb Kouzina
- Windfields Restaurant
- Serano Bakery
Toronto Hotels & Flights
If you’d like to visit Toronto for the Taste of the Danforth, you should think about booking one of the following hotels. They are offering discounted rates which can save you money on your stay.
- 1 Hotel Toronto 40% Discount
- One King West Hotel & Residence 21% Discount
- Great Canadian Casino Resort Toronto 20% Discount
- Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel 20% Discount
- Old Mill Toronto 20% Discount
- King Blue Hotel Toronto 20% Discount
- Town Inn Suites Hotel 20% Discount
- Chelsea Hotel, Toronto 15% Discount
- EST Hotel 15% Discount
- Radisson Toronto Airport West 15% Discount
- Park Inn by Radisson Brampton 15% Discount
- The Yorkville Royal Sonesta Hotel Toronto 15% Discount
- GLOBALSTAY: Maple Leaf Square 15% Discount
- The Omni King Edward Hotel 15% Discount
- Sonesta ES Suites Toronto 15% Discount
- TheWestlake 11% Discount
- Aaira Suites 11% Discount
- Pembroke Inn 11% Discount
- Staybridge Suites Toronto – Vaughan South, an IHG Hotel 10% Discount
- Gladstone House 10% Discount
- Hotel X Toronto by Library Hotel Collection 10% Discount
- Fairmont Royal York 10% Discount
If you’re going to be flying to Toronto, book your airline ticket here and you can save money on your flight.