If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
London, England is a great city to visit for adults like you and me, but if you are bringing children on your trip you may be worried there isn’t enough for kids to do in London. Well, luckily, that is not the case at all, as there are several child-friendly activities & child-friendly tours that should keep your child entertained during your holiday – and allow you to have fun exploring London, too!
Here at Green Vacation Deals, we came up with our list of the 20 most child-friendly activities you can do in London, and we are sure that on the list you are bound to find something your family can do on your London vacation:
- West End Shows: There are a lot of great shows on the West End that are family friendly that your kids should like too, such as Wicked, The Lion King, Matilda The Musical, Aladdin, etc. You can find discounted tickets for shows through Ticket Liquidator & Golden Tours.
- The London Eye Experience: If you really want to get a good view of London, then try doing it from 135 metres up in the air by enjoying a ride on the world-famous London Eye. The views are so spectacular that all ages will be able to enjoy it, plus your ticket includes a 4-D experience about a little girl and her father in London. This is definitely something your family is not going to want to miss while you’re in London, and you can get a great deal on a ticket for the London Eye by buying your ticket through Golden Tours.
- Chessington World of Adventures Resort: Chessington World of Adventures Resort is conveniently located in the greater London area and with over 40 rides & attractions, not to mention a zoo with more than 1,000 animals, your children are bound to have a lot of fun! There’s a great deal where you can get a free meal with your Chessington admission if you click here.
- Shrek’s Adventure London: This is a great attraction if your kids like Shrek – or fun! There are live interactive shows, a 4D bus ride over London with Donkey, and you can meet popular Shrek characters such as Donkey, Puss in Boots, Fiona and Shrek himself! You can get low priced tickets through Viator.
- Kidzania London: Kidzania is a fun indoor city for 4-14 year olds where they can choose from over 60 real-life role-play adventures, such a firefighter, singer, surgeon, pilot, etc. You can purchase tickets through Golden Tours.
- LEGOLAND Windsor: LEGOLAND is a great theme park that children will love with more than 55 rides & attractions including a LEGO Star Wars Miniland Experience. And if you don’t want to have to worry about traveling from Windsor to London, you can buy a ticket through Viator that includes transportation from London.
- Warner Brother Studios Harry Potter Tour: If your kids (and you!) love Harry Potter, then you’ll loving touring the sets where the Harry Potter movies were made. You can see Diagon Alley, Platform 9¾, the Gryffindor Common Room, etc. Book your tickets through Golden Tours, the official Warner Brothers partner.
- ZSL London Zoo: The London Zoo has more than 800 animal species to discover along with immersive experiences and even live shows (and if you do love the Harry Potter movies, you can visit the Reptile House and you’ll remember a scene that was taped there in the first Harry Potter movie), so your child should have fun here, especially if they love animals. You can get discounted tickets through Expedia.
- London SEA LIFE Aquarium: If your kid does love animals, they will also really SEA LIFE Aquarium – and you can enjoy it, too, which is an added bonus. SEA LIFE Aquarium has one of Europe’s largest collections of marine life with more than 500 aquatic species and a great Shark Reef Encounter & Walk with 16 different sharks. You can get discounted tickets through Expedia.
- Madame Tussauds London: A visit to Madame Tussauds means you can see wax replicas from a wide range of famous people & fictional characters. You can Her Majesty the Queen or famous celebrities like David Beckham & Angelina Jolie. There’s also a Marvel Super Heroes 4D Exhibition & a Star Wars exhibit with characters like Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Yoda. And you can get discounted admission by purchasing your admission through Viator.
- Kid Friendly British Museum Tour: This Kid-Friendly British Museum Tour is a great way for you to see one of the largest & most famous museums in the world but on a kid-friendly tour with a kid-friendly guide so they’ll learn about history in a fun and interactive way. You’ll see the main highlights of the museum, including the Egyptian & Greek collections. You can see the Sutton Hoo treasure, the Eligin Marbles, the Rosetta Stone, the Viandola Tables, the Lewis Chessmen, etc. without having to worry about your kids being bored.
- National Gallery of London Guided Tour: Another place in London you may want to visit but you might fear your kid might go restless would be the National Gallery of London, where you can see masterpieces by Botticelli, da Vinci & Caravaggio. But on this Kid-Friendly National Gallery Tour, games & activities will be provided to keep your children entertained so you can enjoy the art!
- Tate Modern Art Gallery Private Guided Tour for Kids & Families: Another great museum if you love art is the Tate Modern Art Gallery, where you can find collections of surrealism, pop art, minimal art, conceptual art, etc. and you can find great pieces by famous artists such as Dalí, Picasso, Ernst, Matisse & Magritte. Children will be engaged during this Tate Modern Art Gallery Private Guided Tour for Kids & Families by fun activities customized by the professional children-friendly guide.
- Family-Friendly Tower of London Tour & Thames River Cruise: Similarly to the Kid Friendly British Museum & National Gallery of London Tours, this tour will allow you to learn about London’s great history in a way that shouldn’t bore your children since there are kid-friendly activities & resources available to keep your child entertained. You’ll get early entrance into the Tower of London and then you’ll cruise down the Thames River, picturing the pirates, smugglers, and mutineers who once sailed there. And you can be guaranteed to get a good price for this tour by booking through Viator.
- Kid-Friendly Natural History Museum & Dinosaurs Private Guided Tour: Enjoy a fascinating interactive tour that is entertaining to adults and children alike with the Kid-Friendly Natural History Museum & Dinosaurs Private Guided Tour. Some of the highlights of this great tour include the 25.2-metre-long blue whale skeleton, the huge T-Rex in the Dinosaur Gallery and the gigantic sequoia tree. Your family will also love taking an escalator ride through the centre of the Earth to discover the museum’s famous earthquake simulator!
- Kid-Friendly London Tour of Must-See Sites with Downing Street & Exclusive Guide: In addition to the great museums, I’m sure there are many London landmarks that you’ll want to see on your trip and the perfect way to do this with children is this Kid-Friendly London Tour of Must-See Sites. Some of the great sites you’ll see on this tour include Buckingham Palace (with the Changing of the Guard), Westminster Abbey, Downing Street and The Houses of Parliament. You can also experience every day London life by using the Tube to get from location to location. And all of this will be done with a kid-friendly tour guide who is sure to keep your children interested!
- Paddington Bear Walking Tour of London: You can’t get more family-friendly than Paddington Bear! In this tour, you’ll get to see the key filming locations from the Paddington Bear movies as well as places that appear in the Paddington Bear books. Book this through Viator for a low price guaranteed.
- ArcelorMittal Orbit & The Slide: Another way to get great sights of London is from the viewing platform of London’s iconic ArcelorMittal Orbit & The Slide. It is Britain’s largest piece of public art and you can see some of the best 360-degree views of the city from the east. There are also interactive displays where you can learn about the ArcelorMittal Orbit & Queen Elizabeth’s Olympic Park’s history.
- Traditional Afternoon Tea Cruise on the River Thames: A great way to see London is through a River Thames cruise. On the Traditional Afternoon Tea Cruise on the River Thames, you’ll be able to see iconic London landmarks (Big Ben, the Shard, the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye, etc.) all the while enjoy delicious food (traditional English fillings, dainty finger pastries & scones with lashing of clotted cream & jam) and drinks (unlimited coffee & tea). The food & drinks plus the fun of the cruise can help entertain your child and you can enjoy the food and sights too plus you can learn a lot from the recorded commentary. You can book this cruise for a great price through Expedia.
- Supervised Skating & Bowling: And finally, if you want some time to explore London on your own and you need our child to be watched and entertained, then consider booking your child the Rock n Roll: Skating and Bowling in London deal. Your child will enjoy a wonderful afternoon of skating & bowling under the supervision of Neverland Childrens Tours.