If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Taste of Greektown is returning to Chicago’s West Loop for its 33rd year. It will be happening at Halsted Street and Van Buren Street on August 25, 26 and 27, 2023. Halsted Street has been the heart of the Greek restaurant scene for several decades so it is the perfect place for celebrating Greek cuisine and culture.
Taste of Greektown Hours
- Friday, August 4 – 5 pm to 10 pm
- Saturday, August 5 – 2 pm to 10 pm
- Sunday, August 6 – 2 pm to 10 pm
At Taste of Greektown, you can find a lot of delicious dishes prepared by some of the neighborhood’s top restaurants. Enjoy signature Mediterranean flavors in feta, roasted chicken, tzatziki, gyros, souvlaki, baklava and so much more.
Entertainment – Main Stage
- Friday – 5 pm to 10 pm – Hallas 2000
- Saturday – 4 pm to 10 pm – Hallas 2000
- Sunday – 4 pm to 10 pm – Hallas 2000
Hallas 2000 will play a mixture of traditional and nostalgic Greek music plus more updated modern Greek music.
Entertainment – Athena Second Stage
- Friday – 5 pm to 10 pm – DJ Yianni
- 5 pm to 6 pm – Omni Orchestra
- 6 pm to 7 pm – Gyro Eating Contest
- 7 pm to 10 pm – Omni Orchestra
- Sunday – 3 pm to 10 pm – DJ Yianni
There will be crafts and merchandise vendors in the Taste of Greektown Marketplace.
- Daisy’s Design Product
- Joyce’s Creations
- Ke Bella
- Marquis Leo Collection
- Redefined Map Design
- Tori Grace Outfitters
- Baby Alpaca
- Baraka Jewelry
- CHICAGO LOOP DENTISTRY
- Joanna Beaumont Jewelry
- PnP Accessories
- I LOVE TO BE GREEK!
- Lymelite Studio
- OMG! Olive Oils
- Sheets by Karen
- The Frame Shop
- True Honey Teas
- LACONIC FOODS
There will be performances by dance troupes and local musicians. Taste of Greektown will have cultural presentations. There will be games and activities for kids and families.
Taste of Greektown is free with an optional donation suggested for attendees.
Experience the real Greek heritage of this neighborhood in Chicago.
If you liked the food at Taste of Greektown – and why wouldn’t you – and want to learn more about Greek cooking, try these cookbooks. You can use our links to save money on each one.
- Cooking Greek: A Classic Greek Cookbook for the At Home Chef by Pemi Kanavost and Tonya Stamoulis
- Under The Olive Tree: Recipes from my Greek Kitchen by Irini Tzortzoglou
- My Big Fat Greek Cookbook by Christos Sourligas
Chicago Hotels & Flights
If you’d like to visit Chicago for Taste of Greektown, you should consider the following hotels. They are all offering discounted rates which could save you money on your stay.
- 21c Museum Hotel Chicago 21% Discount
- Silversmith Hotel Downtown 21% Discount
- Millenium Knickerbocker Chicago 20% Discount
- Pendry Chicago 20% Discount
- The Chicago Hotel Collection – Magnificent Mile 20% Discount
- Sleep Inn Midway Airport Bedford Park 20% Discount
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Wyndham Chicago Downtown 15% Discount
- The Whitehall Hotel 15% Discount
- Hotel Saint Clair – Magnificent Mile 15% Discount
- The Ritz-Carlton Chicago 15% Discount
- The Royal Sonesta Chicago River North 15% Discount
- Sonesta Simply Suites Chicago O’Hare Airport 15% Discount
- Swissotel – Chicago 15% Discount
- Ambassador Chicago, part of JdV by Hyatt 10% Discount
- The Hoxton Chicago 10% Discount
- Viceroy Chicago 10% Discount
- Nobu Hotel Chicago 10% Discount
- McCormick Place Guest House 10% Discount
- Virgin Hotels Chicago 5% Discount
- Embassy Suites Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile 3% Discount
If you’re going to be flying to Chicago, book your ticket here to save money on your flight.