If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
When I think of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, I think of United States history & historical monuments and landmarks…not exactly something every kid gets excited about. But don’t worry; if you are visiting Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with children, there are fun activities in the Philadelphia you can do with your children that they will enjoy. Here is a list of 5 great activities that will make your child love Philadelphia:
- Sesame Place Theme Park: Only a half hour away from Philadelphia in nearby Middletown Township is Sesame Place, a children’s-centric Sesame-Street theme park. There is a lot here for you to enjoy with your children: there are fun rides (like a Castle Swing, a carousel, spinning cups – even roller coasters!). There’s even a water park, too, with water slides and a lazy river the whole family can enjoy. And there are playhouse areas where your kid can run around, be active and have fun. And if you get tired of rides, you can enjoy parades & shows, like Elmo the Musical Live! There’s also character dining, which creates wonderful photo opportunities. If you have young children, you’re not going to want to miss out on this! And to save money, you should buy your Sesame Place tickets online.
- Clementon Park & Splash World: Here’s another great family-friendly theme park & water park. For older kids, thrilling rides like King Neptune’s Revenge, Vertical Limit Race and Torpedo Rush or relax with a dip in the 23,000 sq. ft. Big Wave Bay wave pool. The little ones will enjoy Kidzland Castle, Playport and Flying Elephants. If you’d rather stay dry, get your thrills on Flying Pharaoh, Hellcat, Thunder Drop or Ring of Fire. There are summer concerts poolside, drive-in movies, dining & shopping. And you can get discounted tickets through Goldstar.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center: There’s a lot of fun activities for your child to enjoy at this fun-filled place, as it includes a LEGO 4D Cinema, 10 different LEGO themed play areas and even a LEGO themed ride! There are also fun special events year-round that you could enjoy depending on when your visit is, such as the Star Wars Day event. An added bonus of LEGOLAND? It’s located in Plymouth Meeting Mall, so if you can get someone else to take your kid there you can enjoy shopping while your kid has fun! And you can save money on your LEGOLAND Discovery Center ticket by buying your ticket online in advance.
- The Philadelphia Zoo: Your children could have a lot of fun at America’s very first zoo, which includes a Children’s Zoo, which has a petting yard and daily live animal shows. There are also great activities like the Amazon Rainforest Carousel, face painting, 6abc Zooballoon where you can see the zoo’s animals from 400 feet, swan boats where you can paddle your way around Bird Lake, a kiddie train & more – basically, there is more than enough fun activities at the Philadelphia Zoo that would ensure your children would have a great time.
- The Adventure Aquarium: The Adventure Aquarium is located in nearby Camden, New Jersey and both you and your kids could enjoy the more than 8,500 sea animals that call the aquarium home. You can have up-close experiences, like hippo feeding, African penguin feeding, stingray & shark experiences and more that will really help your child develop a love and understanding of these wonderful animals. And if the animals aren’t enough, you can catch a movie at the Adventure Aquarium 3D Theater.