If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
I love to visit Nashville. Every time I’ve been to Nashville I’ve had a lot of fun. There’s so much to see and do there.
Nashville has been called Music City for over 50 years. The District is a historic area in downtown Nashville known for its live country music and Southern rock music and vibrant nightlife. Here you will find the Johnny Cash Museum, the Glen Campbell Museum, the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum, and the Ryman Auditorium, aka the “Mother Church of Country Music.”
So you know that you can listen to a lot of great country music in Nashville. What you may not know, however, is you can find all kinds of great music in Nashville.
Nashville’s Jefferson Street has been the place for jazz, blues and R&B since the 1940s. It is also the home of the annual Jefferson Street Jazz & Blues Festival.
Now, we’ve covered country music, Southern rock music, jazz, blues and R&B. So, what about pop music, alternative music, heavy metal or even norteno music? Nashville’s got all that and more!
There are a lot of great music shows and concerts in Nashville. Here at Green Vacation Deals, we’ve made a list of great shows and concerts you can attend in the second weekend of September. And, since we’re always looking for deals for ourselves and our readers, you can save money on each and every one of these!
Friday, September 9
1. Grand Ole Opry – Country music – at Grand Ole Opry House – Save $8
2. Brian McKnight – R&B/Soul – at City Winery – Save $18
3. Victor Wainwright & The Train – Blues/Boogie Woogie – at 3rd & Lindsley – Save $5
4. Sarah Jarosz – Country music instrumentalist – at The Basement East – Save $5
5. Gimme Gimme Disco – DJ based party playing hits from the 70s & 80s – at Brooklyn Bowl – Save $20
6. Los Tigres del Norte – Norteno (folk music of northern Mexico) – at Bridgestone Arena – Save $21
Saturday, September 10
7. Backstory Nashville! – Weekly show featuring country music’s top songwriters & Nashville’s hottest rising stars – at 3rd & Lindsley – Save $3
8. Grand Ole Opry – Country music – at Grand Ole Opry House – Save $13
9. Kevin Hart – Comedian – at Bridgestone Arena – Save $8
10. Modest Mouse – Rock band – at Brooklyn Bowl – Save $7
11. Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown – Rock band – at The Basement East – Save $5
12. Sasha Alex Sloan – Pop singer – at Marathon Music Works – Save $5
13. Nashville Symphony Orchestra: Giancarlo Guerro at Schermerhorn Symphony Center – Save $13
14. Magic City Hippies – alt/pop/psych/funk – at 3rd & Lindsley – Save $5
Sunday, September 11
15. GWAR – Heavy metal – at Brooklyn Bowl – Save $11
16. Collective Soul – Alternative/indie/rock – at Grand Ole Opry House – Save $3
17. Grady Spencer & The Work – Country music – at 3rd & Lindsley – Save $9
18. Bear’s Den – British folk rock band – at The Basement East – Save $4
Discounted Hotels & Airfare
If you’d like to visit Nashville that weekend, you should consider the following hotels that have discounted rates.
- 1 Hotel Nashville 35% Discount
- The Alexis Inn & Suites – Nashville Airport 25% Discount
- Fiddler’s Inn 25% Discount
- Hillside Crossing Nashville a Ramada by Wyndham 20% Discount
- Fairlane Hotel 20% Discount
- Dream Nashville 17% Discount
- Virgin Hotels Nashville 15% Discount
- Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport 15% Discount
- The Joseph, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Nashville 15% Discount
- Red Roof Inn PLUS + Nashville Airport 12% Discount
- Hotel Preston 10% Discount
- Club – Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites 10% Discount
- Baymont by Wyndham Nashville 10% Discount
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Nashville Airport, TN 6% Discount
- The Gallatin Nashville 5% Discount
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nashville Downtown 3% Discount
If you’re going to be flying into Nashville, click here and you can save money on your flights.