If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Fort Lauderdale is a beautiful city and it’s a great place for a vacation, a honeymoon or a place to go for a long weekend. Unfortunately, it can get expensive.
Here at Green Vacation Deals, we look long and hard to find bargains, great deals and freebies. And we love to pass them along to our readers.
Fort Lauderdale has so many beautiful beaches that are open to the public with so many ways to play. There are 8 different beaches stretching approximately 24 miles.
- Dania Beach has some of Fort Lauderdale’s least crowded beaches. It is a favorite for swimming, kayaking and picnicking.
- Deerfield Beach is beautiful and a fabulous place to watch the sunrise.
- Pompano Beach is a favorite of families. It has a playground, and a fishing pier. You can find dive spots and boat charters.
- Lauderdale-By-The-Sea – This half mile hamlet has an Old Florida “beach village” vibe. You can snorkel (no boat needed) from the shore along 3 tiered reefs.
- Hollywood Beach is laid back and has a 2 ½ mile Boardwalk that’s great for jogging, walking and cycling.
- Hallandale Beach is a lovely beach with white sand, clear water and lifeguards.
- Hillsborough Beach has the brightest lighthouse on the East Coast.
- Fort Lauderdale beachfront promenade is a charming cosmopolitan spot for biking, strolling or jogging.
Mother Nature blessed the greater Fort Lauderdale area with incomparable beauty. Fortunately, for us, it has been preserved and for the most part is free.
- Tree Tops Park features 23 acres of nature trails.
- Anne Kolb Nature Center at West Lake Park has a boardwalk, a mangrove estuary and a habitat for wading birds and other native wildlife.
- Snake Warrior Island is a 53 acre nature preserve along the Great Florida Birding Trail.
- Central Broward Regional Park is free on week days with soccer/football fields, netball, tennis, basketball and water playground.
Jimmy Buffet, Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort provides free live entertainment at the Hollywood Beach Bandshell on Wednesday through Sunday from 7 pm to 9 pm. Check here for the schedule of live performances.
Downtown Hollywood Artwalk is on the third Saturday of every month from 6 pm to 11 pm. This is free. Visit galleries and shops in downtown Hollywood while enjoying art, cultural entertainment, live music, murals and more.
Lodging & Airfare Deals
Another way you can save money in Fort Lauderdale is by choosing a hotel that offers discounted rates. If you can save $30 or $40 a night over several days, the savings can really add up. Here are some of the best deals.
- Best Florida Resort 30% Discount
- B Ocean Resort 25% Discount
- Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach 20% Discount
- Inn On The Drive 18% Discount
- Sonder at Riverwalk 15% Discount
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort 15% Discount
- Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort 15% Discount
- Ramada Inn by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port 15% Discount
- Days Inn by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale – Oakland Park Airport N 15% Discount
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale 10% Discount
- Kimpton Goodland Fort Lauderdale Beach, an IHG Hotel 10% Discount
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale – Cypress Creek 10% Discount
- Ocean Mile Hotel 10% Discount
- La Casa A North Beach Village Resort Hotel 10% Discount
- Ocean Reef Hotel 5% Discount
You might also be interested in renting an apartment or condominium. Click on this link to find condominiums and apartments that can be rented for a few days at a time.
If you’re going to be flying, click here and you can save money on your flight.