If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
The storming of the Bastille on July 14, 1789, was the start of the French Revolution. The results were so profound that we’re still celebrating Bastille Day hundreds of years later.
If your heritage is French or if you are simply a Francophile, you’d probably like to celebrate French culture and cuisine on Bastille Day. And what better place to do that than in New Orleans! The Big Easy is proud of its French heritage and loves to celebrate it!
Alliance Francais de la Nouvelle Orleans
Celebrate the French national holiday at the Alliance Francais de la Nouvelle Orleans on July 14, 2023.
Dress like the French stereotype to get a free drink ticket at the door. A beret meets the requirements if it is accompanied by another accessory. Mustaches will be accepted. Don’t wear stripes unless it’s la maniniere. That’s a short or long sleeve shirt with navy and white stripes.
Doors will open at 6 pm. From 7 pm to 9 pm, enjoy live music from Anais St. John. A New Orleans native, St. John will be performing jazz vocals.
Enjoy a French DJ set by DJ James Carpenter between 9 pm and 10 pm.
There will be a silent auction. You can place your bids on tickets to an upcoming New Orleans Saints game, gift certificates to Cafe Degas and much more.
There will be a raffle for a gift basket filled with French goodies. Tickets will be $5. The winner will be chosen during the fete but you don’t have to be present to win.
This family friendly fete has a children’s area with games and activities.
Click here and book online and you can save $2 to $7.
On Friday, July 14, 2023, there will be a block party in the 3100 block of Ponce de Leon Street to celebrate Bastille Day, This is the 16th annual block party in New Orleans’ historic Faubourg St. John neighborhood.
The party will feature live music, costumes, art, games and more! Admission is free.
Couvant is paying homage to the celebration of both French and New Orleans cultures with a Bastille Day dinner on Friday, July 14, 2023, from 6 pm to 9 pm. Enjoy a welcome reception and champagne pour, followed by a three course tasting menu by Executive Chef Ryan Pearson. There will be French entertainment throughout the event.
Enjoy Le Jour de Gloire – a Bastille Day fete at Bar Marilou. This celebration of French Independence Day on Friday, July 14, 2023. Enjoy a one day special French menu and live music. Tangier’s Combo will get this party started from 6 pm to 8:30 pm. DJ Maddie Spinner will take over at 9 pm and keep it going until 12 pm.
If you’d like to celebrate Bastille Day in the Big Easy, you should consider the following hotels. They are offering discounted rates which will save you some money. Here are some of the best deals.
- NOPSI Hotel New Orleans 26% Discount
- Lucky Inn 25% Discount
- Magnolia New Orleans 25% Discount
- Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter 20% Discount
- Inn On St. Peter 20% Discount
- Lamothe House 20% Discount
- The Pontchartrain Hotel 20% Discount
- The Jung Hotel & Residences 20% Discount
- Le Pavillon New Orleans 20% Discount
- DoubleTree by Hilton New Orleans 20% Discount
- International House Hotel 20% Discount
- Hotel de la Monnaire 20% Discount
- Omni Riverfront Hotel 15% Discount
- Sonesta ES Suites New Orleans Convention Center 15% Discount
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans 15% Discount
- Old 77 Hotel 15% Discount
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hotel Downtown 15% Discount
- Bourbon Orleans Hotel 15% Discount
- Sonesta ES Suites New Orleans Downtown 15% Discount
- Maison Saint Charles by Hotel RL 15% Discount
- The Pelham Hotel 13% Discount
- Loft 523 New Orleans 12% Discount
- The Mercantile Hotel New Orleans 10% Discount
- Mint House New Orleans – Riverside 10% Discount
- Andrew Jackson Hotel, a French Quarter Inns Hotel 10% Discount
- Omni Royal Orleans Hotel 7% Discount