If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Do you love watching the 4th of July fireworks? Are you looking for a great way to celebrate our nation’s birthday? My advice to you is to spend it in Virginia Beach!
There’s always a lot of fun things to do in Virginia Beach. On the 4th of July, you can find places to enjoy free live entertainment and fireworks with your family and friends.
Start the 4th off with the 38th annual Independence Day 5K at Mount Trashmore Park. Show off your patriotic holiday spirit as you run or walk. The race supports the YMCA’s Annual Giving Campaign which provides assistance to children and Seniors. Top finishers will receive $1,000 in gift certificates.
Mount Trashmore Park will be having their July 4th Celebration from 6 pm to 10 pm. This family friendly event will offer yard games, face painting and bounce houses. Admission is free. You can enjoy live music on the Main Stage from performers, including the Vinyl Headlights.
Plenty of vendors will be at the celebration, including
- The Funnel Cake Factory
- Bear House Coffee
- Mama’s Kitchen
- Hadassah’s Grill
- DC Smoothies
- HER Concessions & More LLC
- Sweet Tweets
- Pelican Snowballs of Norfolk
- Nader’s Bistro
Bring a blanket and get comfortable on a giant grassy hill to enjoy the fireworks display beginning at 9:30 pm.
Stars & Stripes Celebration
Virginia Beach’s Stars & Stripes Celebration is held across the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. This annual event includes a lineup of artists and bands performing a salute to America. All concerts are free and open to the public.
Celebrations will be at
31st Street Park
This celebration runs from 7 pm to 11 pm. DEJA is the headliner for this celebration.
17th Street Park
Chester B’s Motown Review is the headliner for this celebration. It begins at 7 pm and runs until 10 pm.
24th Street Stage on the Beach
This celebration starts at 7:30 pm and will end at 9:30 pm. The Tidewater Winds Concert Band is the headlining performers.
Fireworks will begin at 9:30 pm. They will be launched from a barge and can be viewed from anywhere along the band.
There’s always a lot to do in Virginia Beach on any day. Go ziplining over the wetlands.
If you’d like to visit Virginia Beach over the 4th of July weekend, you consider the following hotels. They have discounted rates which will result in a savings for you. Just act quickly. Hotels at the beach will fill up the closer we get to July 4th.
- The Founders Inn & Spa, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
- Boardwalk by Diamond Resorts
- Econo Inn & Suites Northampton
- Hampton Inn Norfolk Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach Norfolk Hotel & Conference Center, an IHG hotel
- Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Extended Stay America Suites Virginia Beach
- Surfbreak Oceanfront Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection
- Turtle Cay by Diamond Resorts
- Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
- Magnuson Hotel Virginia Beach
- Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront
- Extended Stay America Suites Virginia Beach Independence Blvd.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach – Norfolk Airport
- Beach Quarters by Diamond Resorts
- Red Roof Inn Virginia – Norfolk Airport
- Comfort Inn & Suites Virginia Beach – Norfolk Airport
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach – Oceanfront South
- Extended Stay America Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier Circle
- Rodeway Inn by the Beach
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels Norfolk Airport
- Sleep Inn Lake Wright
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach Norfolk Airport
- Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach
- Econo Lodge Airport