If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
In the early 1940s, the original Pleasure Pier was built for the recreational use of the U.S. military during World War II. In 1943, it was opened to the public and everyone could enjoy the Marine ballroom entertainment, carousel rides and the aquarium. It increased tourism for Galveston until the Category 4 Hurricane Carla destroyed it in 1961.
Landry’s, Inc. restored the pier and rebuilt Pleasure Pier in 2012. The Pleasure Pier has been restored to its original historic charm, giving Galveston and its citizens a piece of their history back.
So come experience the Coney Island of the South! Spend your day soaring over the water of the Gulf of Mexico on roller coasters and amusement park rides.
There’s something the entire family can enjoy at Pleasure Pier, from the thrilling roller coasters to the kid friendly carousel rides, including
Texas Star Flyer
Be suspended more than 230 feet above sea level while rotating in a swing. You’ll get breathtaking panoramic views of the Pier and the Gulf of Mexico.
Iron Shark Roller Coaster
Iron Shark Roller Coaster gives you a 100 foot vertical lift and beyond vertical drop at 52 miles per hour. It has a diving loop and 4 full inversions.
A specialty log flume with twists, turns and 2 drops of 22 feet and 40 feet.
A classic swing carousel that elevates and rotates 22 feet in the air.
Revolution is an intense ride soaring 60 feet in the air while rotating 9 times per minute. It gives you the sensation of flying across the water.
Enjoy views of the Pier and the water from 100 feet in the air on this great Ferris Wheel with a special LED light show.
Cyclone is a 60 foot tall loop in a roller coaster. You’ll go head over heels at 25 miles per hour while rotating forward and backward.
Take a swinging trip back and forth over the Gulf of Mexico going 50 feet in the air.
Rock N Roll
Ride forward and backward in a circular motion at ever increasing speeds while rockin’ to music in a cool car.
You can twist and rotate and riders can push a button to elevate their 2 person vehicle.
A two level carousel ride with beautifully crafted horses and chariots
Tot sized trucks circle around
Fun ride that bounces over and over from 22 feet in the air.
Spin along in this adult and kid friendly twirling teacup ride.
Pier Pile up
18 classic old fashioned bumper cars for adults and 10 kid bumper cars with an adult ride section and a kid ride section
Lil Captain Wheel
Mini Ferris Wheel
5D Theater Rides
- The Mysterious Underworld – Your seats will swing and sway simulating a heart racing ride through a forgotten mine
- Shark Attack – You’re about to meet a jaw dropping prehistoric Megalodon shark.
Give their Midway Games a shot and you can win prizes. The games include
- Big Shot Hoops
- Ring Toss
- Nothin’ But Net
- Iron Shark Attack
- High Striker
- Pirate Striker
- Tab Toss
- Lucky Duck
- Balloon Pop
- Guess Your Weight Or Age
Take home momentos of Pleasure Pier. You can buy ride-themed T-shirts and caps, beach items and Pleasure Pier merchandise at the Pelican’s Bag Gifts & Sundries.
Bubba Gump Retail carries Bubba Gump glassware, caps and fun Galveston Island souvenirs. And you can take home a bag of candy from Lolli & Pop’s Candy Shoppe.
Food & Drink
Landry’s, Inc. restaurants on or near Pleasure Pier include
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. – Enjoy shrimp, slow roasted ribs and more. Their enormous patio gives you stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico and Galveston’s historic Seawall.
- Rainforest Cafe – Take an indoor safari and enjoy delicious entrees and even more delicious desserts and rainforest themed souvenirs and clothing.
- Landry’s Seafood has mouthwatering seafood specialties, succulent steaks and panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Saltgrass Steakhouse has the best beef in Galveston, Texas hospitality and sizzling steaks.
- Fisherman’s Wharf has something for everyone. Enjoy shrimp kisses, seafood platters, chicken, pasta and steak.
- Willie G’s – Try seafood creations and steaks.
Are you looking for a way to save money on Pleasure Pier? Click here and you can save
- $20 (19% discount) on 2 Pleasure Pier All Day Ride Passes and $50 Landry’s eGift Card
- $46 (22% discount) on 4 Pleasure Pier All Day Rice Passes and $100 Landry’s eGift Card