If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Beale Street. The Blues. Memphis Barbeque. Graceland. So many fun things to do but what about the kids? Actually Memphis has a great deal for children and the entire family to enjoy.
- The Children’s Museum Of Memphis creates memorable learning experiences through play in programs and hands on exhibits.
- Memphis Zoo with great attractions of diverse animals in well designed habitats.
- Crazy Dash is a walking adventure tour and you can see the sights and do crazy challenges.
- Crystal Shrine Grotto is a man made cave with scenes from the Bible depicted in diaramas made of wood, rock and crystal.
- Shelby Farms Park – You can picnic, swim, walk and fish. There’s a playground and a sand area.
- Golf & Games Family Park has indoor and outdoor attractions like bumper cars, mini golf, go carts, batting cages and more.
- Allen’s Kayaking Adventures – They specialize in kayak and canoe tours on the Mississippi and inside the harbor. No experience necessary.
- Battlefront Laser Tag & Paintball – Players use a real re-curve bow to “tag” the opposition and the last team left wins.
- Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course – Zip, climb and swing through the trees with ziplines, Tarzan swings and obstacles.
- Uncle Buck’s Fish Bowl & Grill has bowling balls bearing likenesses of octopus and mermaids. The bowling lanes feature underwater scenes and handpainted ocean murals with fish hanging from the ceiling.
There are tours both adults and children can enjoy including walking tours, bicycle tours, carriage tours and a Segway tour. Families can enjoy horse drawn carriage tours. And be sure to watch the ducks march into the lobby of the Peabody Hotel and swim in the fountain in the lobby.