If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
4 Days of Aloha is the largest Native Hawaiian event in the Pacific Northwest. It is coming to Vancouver, Washington, on July 20 to 23, 2023. It will take place at Clark College and the Esther Shore Park. The festival welcomes people of all ages and backgrounds to learn about Hawaiian arts and culture.
Experience the spirit of Aloha with cultural workshops taught by cultural practitioners of Hawaiian art forms. Workshops include
- Ka’i i ka Imu – Cooking in underground ovens
- Taro Pounding
- Coconut Frond Weaving
- Hawaiian Language
- Lei Making
- Natural Dyes of Hawaii
- Candlenut Uses
The workshops will be on Thursday and Friday. On Thursday and Friday nights, there will be celebrations with live music, a Beer Garden, Hawaiian food vendors, a bar and merchandise vendors. Saturday will have a Hawaiian Cultural Showcase from 10 am to 5 pm and a Concert In The Park from 6 pm to 10 pm.
On Sunday, there will be a Multicultural Showcase from 10 am to 5 pm. There will be a Keiki (children) Zone with activities for children. There will also be raffles and Grand Prize drawings.
If you want to go to 4 Days of Aloha and want to dress the part, check out these creations here.
If you liked the Hawaiian food at 4 Days of Aloha and want to learn more about Hawaiian cooking, try these cookbooks. Use our links to see how you can save money on them.
- Cook Real Hawaii’i: A Cookbook by Sheldon Simeon and Garrett Snyder
- Aloha Kitchen: Recipes from Hawai’i by Alana Kysar
- Roy’s Feasts From Hawaii by Roy Yamaguchi and John Harrisson
- Don the Beachcomber’s Little Hawaiian Tropical Drink Cookbook by Phoebe Beach and Arnold Bitner
Or you can enjoy Hawaiian cuisine in the 4 Best Hawaiian Restaurants in Vancouver, as chosen by the users of TripAdvisor.
- Patrick’s Hawaiian Cafe
- Hawaiian Style Grill
- Hula Boy Charbroil
- Kiawe Island Bistro
If you love Hawaiian food but can’t get to these restaurants, you can get food by Hula Boy Charbroil delivered by DoorDash. Check out their menu here.
Vancouver, Washington Hotels
If you want to visit Vancouver for 4 Days of Aloha, you should consider the following hotels. They are all offering discounted rates which would save you money on your stay.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown City Center 25% Discount
- Comfort Suites Portland Airport 25% Discount
- Quality Inn Portland Airport PDX 25% Discount
- Clarion Hotel Portland International Airport 25% Discount
- Comfort Suites Near Vancouver Mall 24% Discount
- Econo Lodge Vancouver 20% Discount
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Portland – Janzen Beach 20% Discount
- Econo Lodge City Center 20% Discount
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Highway 217 & 26 W 20% Discount
- Econo Lodge Portland Airport 18% Discount
- Quality Inn & Suites Vancouver North 6% Discount
- Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center 6% Discount
- Rodeway Inn Convention Center 6% Discount