If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Celebrating 29 years in downtown Phoenix, the Cinco de Mayo Phoenix Festival is a historic staple of the city. It has entertained more than 3 million attendees to date. Cinco de Mayo commemorates the victory of the Mexican army over the much larger French army in the 1862 Battle of Puebla.
This is happening on May 1, 2022. The festivities will begin at 12 pm at Third Avenue and Washington and will go until 10 pm. This multicultural festival has remained has remained the longest running annual event in Phoenix.
At the festival, you can see
- Ballet Folklorico, a traditional Mexican dance company, combines music, dance and culture of Mexican folklore.
- Lucha Libre is professional wrestling in Mexico, characterized by colorful masks, rapid sequences of holds and maneuvers and “high flying” maneuvers.
- Mariachi Bands play instruments and traditional Mexican folk music.
There will be a Kids Zone with interactive activities and rides. Traditional Mexican food and drinks available for purchase. Merchandise vendors will also be there. There will be checks from sponsors of the festival for youth scholarships to college. The festival will have a car show with legacy lowriders.
There will be live entertainment throughout the festival. Local bands will open the show at 12:30 pm. National bands will perform from 5:30 pm until closing. This year’s headliners include Lisa Lisa, Malo and Color Me Badd.
This family friendly festival has nonstop fun, music, prizes, games and giveaways.
There are many smaller celebrations of Cinco de Mayo during the first week of May. Mariachi bands perform in clubs. Restaurants and bars offer food and drink specials. There’s an abundance of pinatas. And a great time is had by all!
Phoenix Cinco de Mayo Hotel Deals
If you’d like to visit Phoenix during the Cinco de Mayo celebrations, you should consider the following hotels. They are near many of the festivities and if you click on our links, you can see how you can save money on your stay.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Downtown
- Hotel San Carlos – Downtown Convention Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Downtown
- Cambria Hotel Downtown Phoenix Convention Center
- Hampton Inn Phoenix Airport North
- Extended Stay America Suites Phoenix Midtown
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix
- Comfort Suites Phoenix Airport
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Phoenix Airport, AZ
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Tempe
- Extended Stay America Suites Phoenix Airport
- Comfort Inn West Phoenix at 27th Ave. & I-10