If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Are you looking to get out of the house and watch movies with other people? But are you a little apprehensive about doing it at an indoor movie theater because of COVID-19? Well, I have the solution for you. And it is a lot of fun!
Hollywood and Vine’s Ricardo Montalbán Theater is an iconic Southern California location. And you can watch movies on the rooftop of this historic 1920s theater!
The views up there are amazing. And they’re showing a great mix of movies:
- Friday The 13th (1980): Friday, October 8, 2021, at 7:00 PM
- The Exorcist (1973): Saturday, October 9, 2021, at 7:00 PM
- The Addams Family (1991): Friday, October 15, 2021, at 7:00 PM
- IT (2017): Friday, October 15, 2021, at 10:30 PM
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987): Saturday, October 19, 2021, at 7:00 PM
- The Orphanage (2007): Saturday, October 16, 2021, at 9:00 PM
- Hocus Pocus (1993): Friday, October 22, 2021, at 7:00 PM
- Beetlejuice (1988): Friday, October 29, 2021, at 7:00 PM
- The Lost Boys (1987): Saturday, October 30, 2021, at 7:00 PM
- American Psycho (2000): Saturday, October 30, 2021, at 9:00 PM
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993): Sunday, October 31, 2021, at 7:00 PM
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975): Sunday, October 31, 2021, at 8:45 PM
The movie viewing experience is great, too. They have a large projection screen and a state-of-the-art projector. You can also get noise-canceling headphones or a blanket on a chilly night. Which could make for a great date night!
Rooftop Movie Experience
But the movies aren’t the only great thing about coming here. There’s a great selection of craft beer, wine, and cocktails available for purchase. You can of course buy popcorn, too, plus selections from culinary partner Umami Burger.
Doors, Umami Burger, and the bar open at 6:00 pm. You can come early to get a drink or eat some food. Or you can play a game of Jenga or pose in the new selfie video/photo booth. You can get to know the other guests in attendance, who could end up being a new filmmaker, actor, or celebrity!
Looking for a coupon to help you save money on admission to one of these great movies? Click here and you can get a heavily discounted ticket to one of these shows. And the saving is automatic, too. No coupon code or promo code is needed!
Please note that in order to attend this event, you must wear a mask and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Also, unfortunately, this event is not ADA accessible. You can only get to the rooftop screening space via stairs and since the theater is 100 years old, there is sadly no elevator.