If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Are you looking for a great Halloween event in Jacksonville, Florida? Well, we’re going to give you some choices.
1. Haunt Nights at Adventure Landing
When you think about Adventure Landing in Jacksonville Beach, you probably think about a family fun center, with an arcade, miniature golf, a waterpark, etc.
But during the Halloween season, it becomes something else. It becomes a terrifying Halloween attraction called Haunt Nights. Haunt Nights is home to the largest 3D Haunt in the area.
2. The Haunted Tavern
The Haunted Tavern: A Dark Pop-Up Cocktail Experience is an interactive, four-part cocktail journey. It allows guests to explore one of the most haunted venues in Jacksonville. You’ll hear chilling and disturbing tales of what is haunting the venue. The experience is run by the descendants of Ichabod Crane. It’s a good thing you’ll have a drink in hand to help you get through the experience!
A general admission ticket includes entry to the experience, four signature cocktails & live entertainment. You can purchase a general admission ticket here, but you’ll want to do that ASAP because it is selling out very quickly!
3. Candlelight: A Haunted Evening of Halloween Classics
One of the things I love about this time of year is the great music. It can be spooky, haunting, and fun. I love spooky music and scores from chilling movies and television shows.
And they have some great ones that will be featured:
- Medley from The Nightmare Before Christmas – Danny Elfman
- Ghostbusters (Theme) – Ray Parker Jr.
- Halloween (Theme) – John Carpenter
- Stranger Things (Theme) – S U R V I V E
- String Quartet No. 8 in C Minor (Dresden Quartet), Op. 110: II. Allegro Molto – Dmitri Shostakovich
- Der Erlkönig – Franz Schubert
- Tubular Bells (Theme from The Exorcist) – Mike Oldfield
- The Addams Family (Theme) – Vic Mizzy
- Funeral March of a Marionette – Charles Gounod
- Danse Macabre – Camille Saint-Saëns
- Psycho (Prelude) – Bernard Herrmann
- Thriller – Michael Jackson
- Night on Bald Mountain – Modest Mussorgsky
- Beetlejuice (Theme) – Danny Elfman
The music will be performed by the Listeso String Quartet. It takes place on Friday, October 20, 2023, and Saturday, October 21, 2023, at Friday Musicale. You can purchase a ticket here.
4. Jacksonville: Ghosts and Ghouls Haunted Walking Tour
What’s a more perfect activity during the spooky season than a ghost tour? Well, the Jacksonville Ghosts and Ghouls Haunted Walking Tour definitely fits the bill! You’ll learn about the ghostly pirate ship “Queen Anne’s Revenge”, pirates, rum runners, Yellow Fever victims, and more during this tour. You’ll meet your guide at Jacksonville Beach.
5. St. Augustine Ghost Tour
If you’re looking for a Jacksonville area ghost tour, then what better place than St. Augustine? It is, after all, the oldest city in the United States. So it makes since there are a lot of ghosts there.
My family really enjoyed the Ghost and Gravestones Tour of St. Augustine. It’s spooky and scary but not to the point where you won’t sleep for weeks afterward. You can read our full review of the tour here. We mention in the review how to save money on your tour.