If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
If you are planning a family vacation in Georgia this summer and would like to have fun at the water park, then these 5 hotels make a water park stay the best. By staying on-site or within walking distance of a water park is really ideal because then you don’t have to worry about getting your car wet afterward, waiting for a shuttle, etc. A stay at one of these hotels allows you to do just that:
- Great Wolf Lodge Atlanta/La Grange: This hotel has to top the list because you are truly on-site at an amazing indoor water park complex. There are a family raft ride, high-speed tube rides, a wave pool, water coasters, high-speed slides, family-friendly slides, a lazy river, a water fort tree house, children’s play area, activity pool…basically, everything you could want in a water park, and this water park is weatherproof since it is indoors! And if you click here, you can not only get a good rate, but water park access is included in the price!
- Econo Lodge Helen: At Helen Tubing and Water Park, you can not only enjoy standard water park fun like great water slides, but you can also float down the Chattahoochee River! And right beside the water park is this Econo Lodge, which is literally just a 1-minute walk away!
- Rodeway Inn at Six Flags: When you think of Six Flags you may think of theme park rides (like roller coasters, children’s rides, etc.) but Six Flags over Georgia has a great water park connected to it: Hurricane Harbor. They’ve got a zero-gravity wave slide, a giant wave pool, turning water slides, a huge interactive children’s play area, and much more. And Rodeway Inn at Six Flags is within walking distance of Six Flags, making it incredibly convenient – and you can get a great rate for this hotel if you click here. You can also get discounted tickets to Six Flags Over Georgia; find out more information here.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island: Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island is just a 12-minute walk to Summer Waves Water Park. Summer Waves Water Park is a great waterpark with 6 slides, a 0.5 mile lazy river, a Pirate’s Passage ride where you go down 5-stories in an inner tube, a children’s pool area, a wave pool, and more. When you’re not having fun at the water park, you can enjoy your time at Hampton Inn & Suites, which is a great hotel in its own right. Hampton Inn & Suites also offers a zero entry pool, a children’s pool and a whirlpool you can enjoy when you’re not at the water park – and oh yeah, the hotel is also a few steps from the beach! You can get the best rates by clicking here.
- Ocean Inn and Suites: The Neptune Park Fun Zone in St. Simon’s Island has great water park amenities, like slides, a zero entry pool, a children’s pool, etc. – and it is within a 2-minute walk of Ocean Inn and Suites, a great hotel that’s also just a 6-minute walk from Saint Simons Island Pier – and you can get a discounted rate for the hotel by clicking here.