If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Warm sandy beaches and rockets launched into outer space make for a vacation you’ll never forget.
Enjoy the ocean breeze, the pounding surf and the thrill of catching a wave. Have fun seeing the area’s natural beauty and exploring the wild spaces. See where the space race began and feel the rush of a rocket launch. This is what Florida’s Space Coast has to offer visitors. All this and much, much more!
The Space Coast is a region of Florida around the Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Space Force Station. All of the NASA launched crewed space flights have departed from either Kennedy Space Center or Cape Canaveral.
Space Coast has the perfect combination of sun, sea and space that you won’t find anywhere else on the planet. This part of Florida is where the temperate climate zone and the subtropical climate zone meet. Here you can find animals and plants that are found nowhere else on earth.
Fly over the Space Coast and you’ll see numerous lakes and meandering waterways, lush green forests and exotic wetlands. See 72 miles of stunning Atlantic Ocean beaches and the famous Indian River Lagoon, one of the most diverse estuaries in North America. Outdoor enthusiasts have 20,000 acres of freshwater rivers and lakes to enjoy. They are bordered by 170,000 acres of wetlands to be explored by foot or boat.
See the natural wonder of bioluminescence on an evening kayak tour of the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge.
Or take a two hour Majestic Nature Tour of Turkey Creek and Indian River Lagoon.
Many people come to the Space Coast to see a rocket launch. SpaceX, NASA and ULA are sending more rockets from Space Coast than any other spaceport in the world. And you can see a rocket launch from almost anywhere on Space Coast.
Get an immersive space experience with a visit to the Kennedy Space Center.
Their Visitor Complex is the only place in the world where you can walk beneath real rockets and shuttles, take a tour of the launch pads and meet astronauts.
Their Planet Play is an interactive play experience for children 2 to 12. To get the most out of your visit, take a guided tour of the Center.
The American Space Museum & Space Walk Hall of Fame in Titusville is dedicated to preserving the history of Americans in space.
It is filled with artifacts on loan from astronauts and interactive exhibits.
With its 72 miles of coastline, Space Coast features a variety of beaches that everyone can enjoy. There are undeveloped and secluded beaches, including the Canaveral National Seashore. The Sebastian Inlet State Recreational Area is one of the best surfing beaches on the East Coast. Canova Beach Park is a pet friendly dog beach.
Classic family beach scenes include Indiatlantic Beach, Melbourne Beach and Cocoa Beach. Amenities at many of these beaches include covered pavilions, public restrooms, showers, playgrounds, beach volleyball courts, nature walks, picnic tables and more.
While on Space Coast, learn to surf.
You and your friends can catch waves in the surf on a giant inflatable stand up paddleboard.
See manatees, dolphin and more on a guided kayak tour.
Space Coast Florida Hotels
If you’d like to visit the Space Coast, you should consider the following hotels. Click on our links to see how you can save money on each hotel.
- Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
- Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
- Hilton Garden Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Melbourne Viera
- Hampton Inn Melbourne Viera
- Hampton Inn Melbourne
- Hilton Melbourne, FL
- Hampton Inn & Suites West Melbourne Palm Bay Road
- Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
- Hotel Melby Downtown Melbourne, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
- Comfort Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera
- Extended Stay America Premiere Airport Suites Melbourne I-95
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Melbourne
- Extended Stay America Premiere Suites Melbourne Airport
- Extended Stay America Premiere Suites Melbourne Palm Bay
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Palm Bay I-95
- Quality Inn Palm Bay – Melbourne I-95
- Comfort Suites Palm Bay – Melbourne
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral Cruise Port
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
- Econo Lodge Port Canaveral Area
- Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center
One last thought – Cocoa Beach is just 45 minutes from Orlando, Florida. Should you decide to visit Disney World theme parks, click here to save money on your tickets.