If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Six Flags America HALLOWFEST
Have you heard about the all-new HALLOWFEST at Six Flags America theme park in Bowie, Maryland? It’s a completely new event for 2020. Because, as you must know by now, 2020 is a very different year from years past. So instead of Fright Fest, we get HALLOWFEST!
HALLOWFEST will be different from Fright Fest due to changes that they have to make in order to ensure the theme park runs as safely as possible. Here are some of the changes:
- You’ll need to make a reservation before you attend the park. This is to make sure the park doesn’t get too crowded so social distancing can work.
- You are required to wear masks covering your nose and mouth while in the parks. This is true for all staff and guests ages 3 years old and older.
- With social distancing in mind, there are no indoor shows, indoor mazes, or haunted houses.
- There are outdoor shows, but guests will be separated by six feet when watching the shows.
- There will be a limited number of nighttime scareactors. But they’ll remain at least six feet away from you and other guests.
- The whole park (rides, props, rides, handrails, dining facilities, restrooms, etc.) will be cleaned & sanitized frequently.
- Six Flags America will have up multiple hand-washing and alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations throughout the park you are encouraged to use.
But here’s the thing. It’s actually pretty exciting this is a brand new, different experience that you will be able to have this year. I always love being one of the first, or only, people to attend a special event. And there’s a lot of really cool things going on at HALLOWFEST. It features thrills by day and chills by night.
Thrills By Day
Thrills By Day is perfect for some fall family fun. It is scary in a fun way so your kids can enjoy the theme park decorated for fall and Halloween.
Here are some of the autumn and Halloween-themed attractions you can enjoy during the day at HALLOWFEST:
Trick or Treat Trail
There is a Trick or Treat Trail in the Looney Tunes Movie Town part of the park. Kids 12 years old and younger can collect individually-wrapped treats.
Ghost Town Cars
Coyote Creek Crazy Cars has been rethemed for Halloween! This attraction even has new audio elements!
The traditional Tea Cups ride will once again be rethemed as Terror Twist! That means fog and different lighting plus hard-hitting audio.
Great Race Antique Cars
This is another ride that will be rethemed for the Halloween theme.
Whistlestop Park Corn Maze
Whistlestop Park Corn Maze is a corn maze that the whole family can enjoy together. Six Flag America’s staff will monitor this attraction and make sure everyone is social distancing.
Zombie Rock is a fun show that both kids and adults enjoy. Live singers and dancers will perform hit Halloween songs like “Thriller” and “Ghostbusters”.
Fighting for Nassau: A Pirate’s Adventure
This is a family-friendly stunt show.
Boo Man Crew
The Boo Man Crew is a high-energy percussion show.
Chills By Night
But you may be looking for something a bit scarier. Which you will find during the Chills By Night part of HALLOWFEST.
Here are some of the attractions you can find here.
Coyote Creek has become a ghost town! You’ll find zombies, ghosts, and ghouls here.
Want to see more zombies? Then you will be in the right place if you head to Zombieville!
This nighttime circus features killer clowns!
Pre-historic creatures big and small will be lurking around Medieval Mayhem.
Battle of the Damned
Battle of the Damned is a show held in the Stunt Arena. Enjoy classic rock songs during a battle between the undead Rock and Rollers and the Demons.
Enjoy a scary train ride conducted by the Grim Reaper!
Please note this attraction requires an extra fee and advanced reservations.
HALLOWFEST at Six Flags America Dates & Times
So when is HALLOWFEST open?
- Fridays from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays from 1:00 to 9:00 p.m.
So make sure you go while this event lasts! It is very convenient for anyone in the Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia area or the Baltimore area.
Looking for a promo code to help you save money on this Halloween event? Click here and you can automatically save money on your ticket. No promo code needed! You’ll save $32.99 on your admission!