If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
July 14 is the anniversary of the Storming of the Bastille and the beginning of the French Revolution. Bastille Day is celebrated throughout France and in many other places around the world.
Bastille Days in Cathedral Square Park in downtown Milwaukee is one of the largest French themed outdoor festivals in the world. The festival is celebrating its 40th anniversary in Milwaukee. This free four day attracts festival more than 250,000 people each year. They’ll enjoy live music, French and Cajun cuisine, on international marketplace and roaming performers.
- Thursday, July 13 – 11 am to 11:30 pm
- Friday, July 14 – 11 am to 11:30 pm
- Saturday, July 15 – 11 am to 11:30 pm
- Sunday, July 16 – 11 am to 8:30 pm
The annual Stormin’ the Bastille 5K Run & 2 Mile Walk is in honor of the attack on Bastille prison in Paris. This will be happening on the first night at 9 pm.
There will be live entertainment throughout the festival. Performers include
- Something To Do
- Paradise Jazz Band
- Radio Radio
- Gigi’s Outrageous French Cancans
- Undercover Organism
- The Milbillies
- Reverend Raven & The Chain Smokin’ Altar Boys
- Mambo Surfers
- This Is It Drag Queen Show
- The Daiquiri Queens
- Extra Crispy Brass Band
- Max & The Invaders
- French DJ Chill Jayx
- The First Wave
- Paul Cebar
- Rob Knapp & The Soul Patrol
- Breaking Cadence
- The Listening Party
- Roxie Beane
- The Falcons
- Kevin Soucie
- Tomorrow Sound
- Michelet Innocent
- Esquires II
- Funky Chemist
- Joe 2.0
- Trophy Husbands
- Genevieve Heyward Band
- Mike Mangione
- Oumar Sagna & Sindoolaa
- Sam Ness
Experience the joie de vivre of Paris with the Milwaukee Art Museum’s Street of Paris event. Explore the Museum’s exhibit of the modern poster, Jules Cheret. It includes a screening of the documentary “Night of a Colorblind France.” The Museum will have an outdoor beer garden, music, storytelling, dance performance, gallery tours, hands on art making and free Museum admission on Friday.
The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist will offer Coffee in the Garden, Cathedral tours, a free concert historic pipe organ and sacred music by French composers plus a Friday Candlelight prayer. The traditional French Mass will take place at 6:15 pm on Friday.
Saturday is Kids Day at the festival from 10 am to 2 pm. The day will begin with a beignet breakfast, performance by the Milwaukee French Immersion School, Milwaukee Ballet’s Ballet Beat and other family friendly activities.
Bastille Days has an international marketplace that makes for a unique shopping experience. Enjoy delicious French and Cajun food and treats.
If 4 days of nonstop fun sounds good to you, then you should attend Milwaukee Bastille Days.
If you enjoyed the French food at the festival and want to learn more about French cooking, try these cookbooks. And you can use our ads to see how much money you can save on each of them.
- “Barefoot In Paris: Easy French Food You Can Make At Home” by Ina Garten
- “My Paris Kitchen: Recipes & Stories” by David Lebovitz
- “Plat du Jour French Dinners Made Easy” by Susan Herrmann
Or you can enjoy French cuisine at the 6 Best French Restaurants in Milwaukee as chosen by the users of TripAdvisor.
- Bartolotta’s Lake Park Bistro
- Beerline Cafe
- Reynolds Pastry Shop
- Le Reve Patisserie & Cafe
- North Shore Boulangerie
If you’d like to visit Milwaukee for Bastille Days, we’d like you to consider the following hotels. All of them are offering discounted rates which can save you money on your stay.
- Travelodge by Wyndham Milwaukee – 20% Discount
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Milwaukee – 20% Discount
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee, Trademark Collection by Wyndham – 15% Discount
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport – 15% Discount
- Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport – 15% Discount
- Dubbel Dutch – 10% Discount
- Saint Kate – The Arts Hotel – 10% Discount
- Sonesta Select Milwaukee Brookfield – 10% Discount
- Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West – 6% Discount
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Milwaukee Airport, WI – 6% Discount
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Milwaukee West, WI – 6% Discount
- Red Lotus Inn – 5% Discount
If you’ll be flying to Milwaukee, book your flight here so you can save money.