If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Ribs here! Ribs there! Ribs everywhere at Berea’s National Rib Cook Off & Beer Fest. The fest will be going strong at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds from May 26 to 29, 2023.
The Park will have a family friendly environment with a picnic style atmosphere. The festival offers free parking all weekend long. Kids under 5 are free and on Monday, Memorial Day, retired and active duty military personnel with military ID will get free admission.
Rib Cook Off
The festival features a hand picked selection of some of the best rib teams in the greater Cleveland area. They will be competing for the Best Ribs, Best Sauce and People’s Choice Awards.
2023 Rib Teams are
- After Hours BBQ
- BG’s Old Town BBQ
- Wright’s Catering & Concessions
- Porky Chicks BBQ
- Johnson’s Bar-B-Que
- Smokin’ T’s
- Blazin’ Broncos
- Swine BBQ
- Pigfoot BBQ
- Malloy’s BBQ
- Mojo’s Famous BBQ
There will be live entertainment through the festival. Some of the acts you will see include
- Bronx Country
- Follow The Sun
- Back 2 The Future
- Revolution Pie – A Tribute To The Beatles
- Jam Machine
- The Tea Bags Band
- The Foogazies
- Fleetwood 2 The Max
Additional Festival Information
With the ever growing popularity of craft beer in Cleveland, Yuengling is providing the 2023 Craft Beer Garden. It will feature select beers from Yuengling, Collision Bend, The Brew Kettle and Leinenkugel.
On Saturday, May 27, 2023, from 2 pm until 8 pm, Corvette Cleveland will have 40 classic Corvettes on display. You’ll see cars from 1955 all the way up to the 2023 Mid Engine Corvette. The Corvette display will be behind the Main Stage.
Activities at the fest for children will include
- Rock climbing wall
- Euro bungee trampoline
- Inflatable bounce house
Food vendors will be at the festival with delicious food for purchase. Arts & crafts vendors will also be there.
Hot sauce, great live music, beer and some of the best barbecue in the world makes for the perfect Memorial Day weekend!
If you enjoyed the barbecue at the festival and that made you want to learn more about grilling, barbecue sauce and ribs, try these cookbooks. Our links will show you how you can save money on them.
- The Ultimate Book of Grilling, Recipes, Tips & Tricks
- Rodney Scott’s World Of Barbecue by Rodney Scott
- Pitmaster: Recipes, Techniques & Barbecue Wisdom by Andy Husbands and Chris Hart
- Pig Beach BBQ Cookbook: Smoked, Grilled, Roasted & Sauced by Matt Abdoo & Shane McBride
If you’d like to visit Cleveland for Memorial Day, you should consider the following hotels. They are all offering discounts which can save you money on your stay.
- Quality Inn & Suites Oakwood
- Home2 Suites by Hilton – Middleburg Heights Cleveland
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport – Middleburg Heights
- Hotel Indigo Cleveland Downtown, an IHG Hotel
- Extended Stay America Suites Cleveland Westlake
- Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport Middleburg Heights
- MainStay Suites Middleburg Heights Cleveland Airport
- Sonesta Simply Suites Cleveland North Olmsted Airport
- Suburban Studios Mentor – Cleveland Northeast
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
- Clarion Hotel Cleveland Beachwood
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland – Independence
- Richfield Inn
- Extended Stay America Premier Suites – Cleveland – Independence