If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Be Greek for a weekend! Opa!
The annual Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church’s Greek Fest is coming to the Wisconsin State Fair Park in West Allis in the greater Milwaukee area. Celebrate all things Greek on June 23, 24 and 25, 2023.
- Friday, June 23 – 11 am to 11 pm
- Saturday, June 24 – 11 am to 11 pm
- Sunday, June 25 – 11 am to 8 pm
I love Greek festivals! I like the music, the dancing, the colorful costumes, but, most of all, I love the food! If you do, too, then you are going to love this Greek Fest!
You can enjoy
- Greek Chicken
- Greek Pastries
- Honey Puffs
and much more.
And for your convenience, they’ll have a drive through where you can purchase a whole Greek chicken.
Live bands will be performing all three nights.
- 7 pm to 10:30 pm – The First Wave
- 2:30 pm to 6 pm – Boomer Nation
- 7 pm to 10:30 pm – Addiction
- 3:30 to 7 pm – Hot Rod Huey & The B-Sides
“Never On Sunday” and “Zorba The Greek” introduced Greek dancing to movie goers who loved it! Dance is a fundamental part of Greek religious festivities, national holidays and family celebrations.
On Friday, a children’s dance group will perform at 6 pm and at 4 pm on Saturday and at 6 pm on Sunday. An adult dance troupe will be performing at 7 pm on Friday, at 5 pm on Saturday and at 7 pm on Sunday.
Carnival games and rides will be at the Greek Fest. The rides will open at 4 am Friday and will go from 12 pm to 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday. You can purchase an Unlimited Ride Wrist Band for $25.
If you liked the Greek food at the fest and want to learn more about Greek cooking, try these cookbooks. You can use our links to see how you can save money on them.
- My Big Fat Greek Cookbook by Christos Sourligas and Evdokia Antginas
- My Greek Table: Authentic Flavors & Modern Home Cooking by Diane Kochilas
- It’s All Greek To Me by Debbie Matenopoulous and Peter Capozzi
Or you can enjoy Greek cuisine at the 10 Best Greek Restaurants in Milwaukee as chosen by the users of TripAdvisor.
- Oakland Gyros
- Golden Gyros
- Apollo Cafe
- Pegasus Rest
- Orizo Cafe
- Omega Restaurant
- Pallas Restaurant
- Athens Family Restaurant
- El Greco
- The Forum
If you’d like to visit Milwaukee for the Greek Fest, you should consider the following hotels. They are all offering discounted rates which can save you money on your stay.
- Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel 43% Discount
- Days Inn by Wyndham West Allie – Milwaukee 25% Discount
- Sonesta Milwaukee West Wauwatosa 21% Discount
- Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee – West Medical Center 20% Discount
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee, Trademark Collection by Wyndham 11% Discount
- Embassy Suites by Hilton – Milwaukee Brookfield 11% Discount
- Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West 10% Discount
- Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West 6% Discount