If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Founded in 1898, Kennywood is one of only two amusement parks designated as a National Historic landmarks. It is located in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania, in the greater Pittsburgh area.
Kennywood blends historically fun rides and classic roller coasters with modern thrill rides, like Phantom’s Revenge, Pennsylvania’s fastest roller coaster. The Steel Curtain roller coaster headlines the Steelers Country at Kennywood, the first theme park area ever devoted to a professional football team.
The little ones will love Thomas Town and Kiddieland with smaller scaled rides. Kennywood has over 40 rides and attractions, dining, shopping, a beautiful setting, seasonal events – everything you need for one fun filled day after another!
If you’ve never been to Kennywood, check out our video here and you’ll see all the fun this park has to offer.
You can also learn more about Kennywood in our Kennywood Travel Guide.
Bites & Pints 2023 is on its way to Pittsburgh. Enjoy chef inspired food tastings of international cuisine plus beer, specialty cocktails and entertainment at Kennywood.
The food festival will debut on July 2 and will run through July 30, 2023. Bites & Pints will be at the park every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, between those dates plus July 3 and 4!
Festival tasting hours are:
- Friday – 5 pm to park close
- Saturday – 1 pm to park close
All 1 Day Tickets and Season Passes include event access.
- Cadaro with Grilled Lamb Chops, Balsamic Onion Reduction, Cassava Fries and Mojito Garlic Sauce – $8.99
- Feijoada with Stewed Black Beans, Tasso, Queijo Minas and Molho A Campanha – $7.99
- Picanha Steak with Sun Dried Tomato Chimichurri and Artichoke White Bean Salad – $7.99
- Brazilian Limonade (Frozen) – $9.99
- Cigar City Guayabera Pale Ale – $9.99
- Victory Summer Love – $9.99
- Bavarian Pretzel Sticks with Pretzel, Honey Dijon Mustard – $6.99
- Brats & Tots with Beer Brats, Kraut Stuffed Tots, Bier Cheese, Pickled Peppers and Chives – $7.99
- Jagerschnitzel with Pork Cutlet, Spaetzle, German Hunter Sauce and Fried Onions – $8.99
- Fruh Kolsch – $9.99
- Hacker – Pschorr Weissbier $9.99
- Troegs Sunshine Pilsner $9.99
- Gyros with Beef and Lamb, Naan Bread, Tzatziki Sauce, Lettuce and Tomato – $7.99
- Moussaka with Eggplant, Ground Lamb, Potato, Bechamel Sauce and Chives – $7.99
- Loukoumades is a Greek Donut with Cinnamon Sugar, Hot Honey and Walnuts – $7.99
- Lancaster Blue Trail Lemon Blueberry – $9.99
- Two Robbers Watermelon Cucumber Seltzer – $9.99
- Bangers & Mash with Guinness Sausage, Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Onion Gravy – $6.99
- Corned Beef Slider with Grilled Sourdough Bread, Swiss Cheese, Whole Grain Mustard and Cornichon $7.99
- Irish Beef Stew with Guinness Beef Stew and Fresh Soda Bread Bowl – $7.99
- Erie Railbender Scotch Ale – $9.99
- Guinness – $9.99
- North Country Firehouse Red – $9.99
- Crottes de Fromage with Fried Cheese Curds, Pomodoro, Grated Romano and Basil – $6.99
- Porchetta Sandwich with Shaved Pork Belly, Provolone, Ciabatta and Garlic Caper Aioli $7.99
- Ravioli with Porcini Mushroom, Truffle Oil, Shaved Manchego and Fried Leeks $7.99
- Birra Morena $9.99
- Bell’s Oberon $9.99
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Chicken Wings, Jerk Seasoning, Red Beans, Rice and Cilantro $8.99
- Shrimp Skewer with Chipotle BBQ Glaze, Mango Pineapple Salsa – $7.99
- Rum Cake – Traditional Island Rum Cake – $7.99
- Banks Beer $9.99
- Frozen Hurricane $9.99
- Malibu Splash Pineapple & Coconut $9.99
- Esquites with Roasted Corn, Poblano Pepper, White Queso, Lime Creme and Fried Tortilla $6.99
- Shrimp Street Taco with Ancho Shrimp, Andero Slaw, Mango Salsa and Chipotle Aioli – $7.99
- Quesadilla with Smoked Chicken, Corn, Black Bears, Chihuahua, Jalapeno Creme and Pico – $7.99
- Corona Extra – $9.99
- Stone Buenaveza – $9.99
- Victory Motel Paloma Summer Ale – $9.99
- Frozen Margarita – $9.99
- Crab Tempura Roll Wakame Seaweed Salad, Pickled Ginger and Spicy Kewpie Mayo – $6.99
- Gyoza with Crispy Potsticker, Sesame Ginger Glaze and Scallions – $7.99
- Yellow Fin Tuna Tataki with Ponzu, Sake Cream and Radish Sprouts – $7.99
- Anderson Valley Framboise Rose Gose – $8.99
- Asahi Super Dry – $8.99
- Bell’s Oberon – $9.99
- Kielbasa Slider with Grilled Kielbasa, White BBQ, Swiss Cheese and Fried Onions – $6.99
- Mizeria is Chilled Cucumber Salad – $5.99
- Pierogi with Cheese & Potato Dumplings, Sauteed Onions, Lardons and Sour Cream – $7.99
- Jack’s Hard Cider – $9.99
- Namyslow Pilsner – $9.99
- Zywiec Lager – $9.99
Each country’s cuisine will have its own station around the lagoon. Discover savory and sweet foods and drinks. Be adventurous . Expand your palate at this great food festival!
Every weekend during the food festival, you’d get live entertainment by a different nation each weekend.
- Saturday, July 8 at 1 pm, 3 pm and 6 pm
- Saturday, July 8 at 1 pm, 3 pm and 6 pm
The Grecian Keys
- Saturday, July 15 at 1 pm, 3 pm and 6 pmS
- Saturday, July 21 at 1 pm, 3 pm and 6 pm
- Sunday, July 22 at 1 pm, 3 pm and 6 pm
Asian Musical Spectacular
- Saturday, July 29 at 1 pm, 3 pm and 6 pm
- Sunday, July 30 at 1 pm, 3 pm and 6 pm
8 Sample Bite Card
Kennywood is offering an 8 Sample Bite Card. The card costs $49.99 at the park or $39.99 if purchased online. You can mix and match food and drink samples from any of the Bites & Pints stations. These cards are good throughout the food festival.
Will the card save you money, you ask. It certainly can. If you purchase 8 food items, each costing $7.99, without the card it will cost you $63.92. Purchase the 8 Sampler Bite Card online and you’ll pay $39.99, a savings of $23.92. If you bought 8 drinks at $9.99 each, you’d spend $79.92. Buy the 8 Sample Bite Card online and you save $39.33, just short of half off. Even if everything you bought cost $5.99 (the lowest Bite price), you’d still save money if you purchased online.
You can also purchase a 12 Sample Bite Card for $54.99 at the park or $44.99 online. This will save you even more money.
Now, if you look at the menu and only see two or three things you want to try, then you wouldn’t need the card. But if you’re bringing your family to Kennywood or you’ll be going multiple times, the card is a good deal. My family has saved money using cards like this at different parks.
Are you looking for a discount ticket to Kennywood to help you save money on park admission? You can find out here how to save $24 on a Single Day Weekday Admission Ticket and $19 on a Single Day Weekend Admission Ticket. The savings will be automatic.
And if you’ll be visiting Pittsburgh, here are two hotels we highly recommend.