If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
The popular San Francisco Bay area theme park California’s Great America is having a great festival this July: Taste of Orleans.
Taste of Orleans will be running on weekends from July 13th through July 28th, and if you attend, you will have a lot of fun.
Here are 5 reasons why:
- Authentic New Orleans Dishes: Have you ever eaten New Orleans cuisine? If you haven’t, then you need to try it at this festival! Some of the New Orleans food favorites you can enjoy include:
- Chicken Gumbo
- Shrimp Po’boys
- Muffuletta Pizza
- Crawfish Etouffee
- Alligator Bites with Creole Dipping Sauce
- New Orleans Desserts: If you like the New Orleans cuisine, then you’ll love their desserts! Some of the delicious New Orleans desserts you can enjoy include:
- King Cake
- Praline Bread Pudding
- The Drinks: It wouldn’t be a true festival dedicated to New Orleans without great drinks, right? And this festival will have them, with more than 2 dozen local brews & wines
- Live Entertainment: California’s Great America will come to life with live New Orleans themed entertainment, like:
- Jazz musicians roaming the street
- Chalk muralists painting Mardi Gras murals all over the Great America Midway
- Fireworks Festival: New Orleans, Lousiana really comes to life at night, so it is only fitting that one of the greatest highlights of the festival happens after the sun goes down! At night, there will be an incredible light show down Orleans Place, plus a great fireworks show set to jazz Cajun tunes
This wonderful festival is included in the cost of your admission, and you can get a significant discount on tickets by clicking here.