If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
If you are planning a Walt Disney World trip, then I know you’re going to want save money during your trip. There are ways to save money on tickets and save money on dining but I know you’d like to save money your hotel stay, too.
And if you are thinking of staying on-site at Disney World (such as at at Pop Century, Boardwalk, Old Key West, etc.) You can book directly through Disney World and while there are great rates, you can often find cheaper rates by booking your hotel stay through different websites.
Here are the top 10 websites I use when planning a Walt Disney World vacation:
- David’s Vacation Club Rentals: The best way to save money during a Walt Disney World trip, hands down, is to book a DVC rental (for more information on what this, please see here). By doing this, I have been able to stay at top Disney World Resorts (like Polynesian Village, Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge & the Beach Club, to name a few) for a fraction of the price. I highly recommend using David’s Vacation Club Rentals, as I have always had great experiences with David’s Vacation Club Rentals.
- Undercover Tourist: The next best place to go other than David’s is Undercover Tourist. You can book great rates for Disney deluxe hotels, moderate hotels & value hotels, better than what you can get on Disney’s website even with a passholder discount! I have had especially good luck here getting a good rate for Port Orleans: French Quarter, which is one of the smaller hotels at Walt Disney World so it tends to have less availability and less great deals, but you can find good deals for the hotel through Undercover Tourist!
- Reserve Orlando: A great thing about Reserve Orlando is you can book a hotel with along with your Disney World tickets and you can save up to 60%, which obviously would help you save a lot of money on your trip!
- Hotels.com: Another way to save money on your hotel is through Hotels.com. I’ve had good luck finding great rates for Disney hotels through Hotels.com, especially for a standard Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation Resort (which is hard to find). A great thing about Hotels.com is that there are often 10% discount codes that can save you a lot of money (especially since multiple nights at top Disney resorts can end up costing a lot of money and the more you spend the more money you save with a 10% discount; for example, if your hotel room costs $1,000 you’ll save $100, if it costs $2,000 you’ll save $200, etc.). But if you don’t use a discount code for Hotels.com, your stay can qualify for Hotels.com’s promotion of getting a 1 night hotel stay for free if you book 10 nights, so booking your hotel stay through Hotels.com could help you save money on a future vacation.
- HotelWiz: What’s great about HotelWiz is that, similar to what I was saying about Hotels.com’s discounted rates, you can save a lot of money if you spend a lot of money. That is because of the discount codes they offer; you save $100 if you spend $1,000, you save $75 if you spend $750, and so on. A great thing about HotelWiz’s coupon code is that they tend to offer those deals year round. Just check out their website for the current codes.
- Expedia; The best way to save money on your Disney World trip through Expedia is if you fly to Disney World, because you can save a lot of money by bundling your flight and hotel together through Expedia. The other way you can save money on your trip is through Expedia Rewards. You can earn Expedia Rewards when you book hotels, flights, packages, cruises, activities, etc. through Expedia so if you book other trips through Expedia you can earn a lot of money that you can then use on your Walt Disney World hotel stay.
- Best of Orlando: What I really like about Best of Orlando is not only do they offer low prices for Disney hotels (which they do) but they often have rooms available that are not available on Disney’s website, such as the value hotels so you should definitely check out Best of Orlando if you would like the advantages of staying onsite at Disney World but would like to save money by staying at a value resort.
- One Travel: Like Best of Orlando, One Travel offers good prices for Disney hotels and you can find availability in some Disney hotels when you can’t find it anywhere else. Another added bonus of One Travel: you can also book discounted flights to Orlando there, too.
- Last Minute Travel: What I like about Last Minute Travel is all the discounted rates they offer on a regular basis; you can often book a hotel for up to 32% off. These discounts are not always available for official Disney hotels, but you can save a lot on hotels close to Disney or Disney Springs hotels (which offer some of the same benefits as Disney official hotels).
Now, the above options can help you with official Disney hotels (and for every one but David’s Vacation Rentals, it can help you with non-Disney Orlando hotels, too). But if you are thinking of staying off-site, here are a few more options that can help you save money during your Orlando vacation:
- Top Villas: Top Villas is the top luxury vacation rental in Orlando, and they offer a wide variety of homes in Orlando, ranging from 1-bedroom to 15-bedrooms. This would make a great choice if you have a very large family or you are planning on doing a Disney World family reunion and you’d rather not all be crammed into a couple bedroom suite on-site at Disney World.