If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Summer is a great time to visit Disney World… and Disney Springs!
Disney Springs is part of the Walt Disney World Resort complex in Orlando, Florida. Unlike the theme parks and water parks, you don’t need a ticket (or even a reservation) to visit Disney Springs. It’s a shopping, dining, and entertainment complex – and a lot of fun!
In this Disney Springs summer travel guide, we’ll let you know about the fun things to do during the summer months at Disney Springs. And then we’ll share the best places to stay so you can be close to the Disney Springs fun!
Summer Fashion at Disney Springs
Looking to update your wardrobe for the summer?
At the Marketplace Co-Op, you can find a number of unique Disney brands. If you’re looking for some great summery clothes, be sure to check out the Disney Vault Orange Bird Collection there. You can also find some fun summer styles at The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane, also at the Co-Op. The Marketplace Co-Op is located, as the name suggests, in the Marketplace area of Disney Springs.
And there are many other stores with wonderful summer apparel options! This list is divided by location, as Disney Springs is divided into 4 areas: Marketplace, The Landing, Town Center, and West Side.
- World of Disney
- Havaianas (the iconic Brazilian flip flop brand)
- Tommy Bahama
- Ron Jon Surf Shop
- Lilly Pulitzer
- Free People
Pride Month at Disney Springs
June is Pride Month at Disney Springs (and everywhere!). Through June 30, 2022, the Walt Disney Company will be donating all profits from the Disney Pride Collection to organizations that support LGBTQIA+ youth and families. So if you were considering buying merchandise that is part of the Disney Pride Collection, now is the perfect time to make that purchase.
And if you want some pride merch and can’t wait until getting to Disney Springs, check out this list of the 50 best Disney pride ears!
Father’s Day at Disney Springs
Father’s Day is Sunday, June 19. Not only is Disney Springs an excellent place to buy a Father’s Day gift for the father figures in your life, it’s also a wonderful Father’s Day destination!
Some ideas for fun things to do on Father’s Day at Disney Springs include:
- Bowling at Splitsville Luxury Lanes, a large retro-glam bowling and dining venue
- Watching the new show Drawn to Life Presented by Cirque du Soleil & Disney
- Taking a ride in a vintage Amphicar (a car that can both drive on land & float on water) – stop by the BOATHOUSE BOUTIQUE for walk up reservations
- Taking a ride on the Aéro30, the huge helium balloon custom built by Paris-based company Aérophile S.A. that reaches heights of up to 400 feet
- Enjoying lunch or dinner at one of the many Disney Springs restaurants, such as:
Cool Treats at Disney Springs
To say that summer in Orlando, Florida can get hot is certainly an understatement! Make sure you stay cool with some of these sweet treats:
- Swirls on the Water (Dole Whip Treats)
- Joffrey’s Handcrafted Smoothies at Disney Springs Marketplace
- Lava Lounge at Rainforest Cafe
- Vivoli il Gelato
- Coca-Cola Store Rooftop Beverage Bar
- Salt & Straw ice cream shop (NEW!)
- Häagen-Dazs Kiosk at Disney Springs West Side
Hotels Near Disney Springs
If you’re planning on spending some time at Disney Springs during your next Orlando vacation, it can be really convenient to choose a hotel near Disney Springs.
Disney World Hotels Near Disney Springs
If you want to stay onsite at a Disney resort, then the best choice would be Saratoga Springs. You have the option of either walking to Disney Springs or taking a boat.
From all 4 of these hotels, you can take buses to the Disney World theme parks (Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios) as well as the water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach).
Disney Springs Hotels
Another option is to stay at a Disney Springs hotel. While they are not Disney owned, they are all within walking distance of Disney Springs. They are closest to the Marketplace area of Disney Springs.
These hotels also offer bus transportation to the Disney theme parks, though it is generally not quite as frequent as the buses run from the official Disney World hotels. (You can check with each Disney Springs hotel to get the most up-to-date bus schedule.)
The Disney Springs Resort Area hotels are:
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
- B Resort & Spa
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Please note that Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando – Disney Springs Area is also a Disney Springs Resort Area hotel, but it will not open until the fall of 2022.