If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
For years, our family (and so many others!) have enjoyed attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, an annual nighttime holiday event held at Magic Kingdom.
And this year, in addition to the party, there’s also a brand new Christmas event at Walt Disney World!
Disney Jollywood Nights is a special holiday event that will take place on select nights in November and December at Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park.
Today, we’re going to go over what to expect at Jollywood Nights, how to get tickets, and more!
When is Disney Jollywood Nights?
If you’d like to attend Disney Jollywood Nights this year, you can choose from 10 different nights.
Disney Jollywood Nights in November 2023
- Saturday, November 11
- Saturday, November 18
- Monday, November 20
- Monday, November 27
- Wednesday, November 29
Disney Jollywood Nights in December 2023
- Monday, December 4
- Wednesday, December 6
- Saturday, December 16
- Monday, December 18
- Wednesday, December 20
Each night, the event will be held from 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM.
Disney Jollywood Nights Tickets
This is a separately ticketed event, which means you need a Disney Jollywood Nights event ticket to attend. Just having park admission isn’t enough. In fact, you don’t even need park admission for Disney Jollywood Nights.
And just by having the event ticket, you can enter Disney’s Hollywood Studios park early, any time after 7:00 PM. The event itself won’t start until 8:30 PM, but you’ll get a little extra time at the theme park.
Ticket prices range from $159 to $179 (plus tax), depending on date. Once tickets go on sale, we’ll let you know which are the least expensive options.
You can buy tickets as early as June 29, 2023. However, to take advantage of this opportunity, you’ll need to have already made your hotel reservation at one of the following places:
- A Disney World resort hotel (Value, Moderate or Deluxe Resort)
- Walt Disney World Dolphin hotel
- Shades of Green at Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan hotel
If you don’t have reservations at any of those places, you can purchase tickets starting July 6, 2023.
Disney Jollywood Nights Discount Tickets
Looking for a ticket deal? If you’re an Annual Passholder or a Disney Vacation Club Member, you can save $10 per ticket if you purchase through Disney World’s website.
Otherwise, we recommend getting your Jollywood Nights tickets here for the best deal.
Disney Jollywood Nights Shows & Entertainment
There are a number of special entertainment options that you’ll only find at Disney Jollywood Nights!
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy will host a musical variety show at Theater of the Stars, with special guests Belle, Princess Tiana, and more.
- At Hyperion Theater, you can enjoy a special sing-along experience.
- If you’ve missed Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, you’re in luck – this nighttime firework and special effects show returns, but only for Disney Jollywood Nights. (Prior to 2020, the show was held at night in Hollywood Studios during the holiday season.)
- A lively Latin Street Fair will take place on Commissary Lane.
- Enjoy the glamorous life at a limited capacity, Hollywood themed jazz lounge at the Hollywood Brown Derby.
- Stop by the Hollywood Tower Hotel courtyard for another limited capacity experience, this one being quite the otherworldly affair.
- On Hollywood Boulevard, you’ll find a holiday dance party, complete with a DJ.
- You can find Powerline Max, Phineas and Ferb at a nostalgic shindig at Echo Lake.
What Rides are Open During Disney Jollywood Nights?
During the nighttime event, you can ride some of the theme park’s attractions, such as:
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
If you’d like to ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, you’ll need to enter the virtual queue which will take place during the event.
Disney Jollywood Nights Food
You won’t want to miss out on delicious specialty food items, like:
- A Christmas Tree Cookie Stack that draws its inspiration from the Christmas tree at Echo Lake
- Spicy Korean Chicken on a Mini Funnel Cake
- Holiday beverages
- Classic cocktails
- and more!
Photo Opportunities at Disney Jollywood Nights
Do you love Disney character meet and greets? Want some memorable photos as souvenirs? There are several special photo ops at Disney Jollywood Nights.
- Take advantage of two new Disney PhotoPass experiences and holiday themed Magic Shots (special effects added to your photos). And you’ll even get complimentary digital downloads of your Disney PhotoPass photos at the event (make sure to register online first).
- At Animation Courtyard, you’ll find a hot set with holiday props, perfect for some shots with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and more.
- At Pixar Place, take photos with Edna Mode and friends.
- You can have your picture taken with Powerline Max and/or Phineas and Ferb at Echo Lake.
Disney Jollywood Nights FAQ
Do you need a park ticket for Disney Jollywood Nights?
You do NOT need a park ticket for Disney Jollywood Nights. All you need is an event ticket – not a park ticket or park reservation. You only need a park ticket and park reservation if you want to enter Hollywood Studios earlier than 7:00 PM. (Remember, the party starts at 8:30 PM, but party guests can enter the park up to an hour and a half early.)
Should I enter the park early (at 7:00 PM) before the party?
While you don’t have to enter the park early, it’s a good idea to arrive before 8:30 PM. The entrance will be pretty crowded around 8:30 PM, so it’s a way to escape those crowds and long lines.
And if you don’t have tickets for any park on the same day as Jollywood Nights, then this is a nice way to enjoy some extra time for “free”. You can relax and enjoy the atmosphere, or maybe get some dinner in Hollywood Studios before the event begins.
I definitely recommend eating dinner beforehand so you don’t have to “waste” any event time on eating a full meal. But you might want to consider a light meal so you can save room for some of the delicious treats at Jollywood Nights!
More Christmas Ideas
If you’d like to celebrate Christmas in Orlando during the holiday season, the fun isn’t limited to Disney Jollywood Nights! Take a look at some other fun things to do in Orlando, Florida. And get ideas for some fun Disney Christmas merchandise to buy before your trip!
Orlando Christmas Ideas
The following are great ideas for other things to do and places to stay in Orlando, Florida during a Christmas season trip.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Guide (with Videos)
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom at Christmas (with Video Tour)
- Disney Beach Club Gingerbread Carousel & Christmas Decor (with Video)
- Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort Christmas Guide
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Gingerbread House (with Video)
- SeaWorld Orlando Christmas Guide (with Videos)
- Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail (with Video)
- Universal Orlando Christmas Guide (with Video)
- Gaylord Palms Christmas Guide
Disney Christmas Merch
Want to bring some Disney themed Christmas items on your vacation? These are some of our favorite merchandise options that are both Disney and Christmas themed. Order them before your trip so you can wear or use them in Orlando. You can also get some great deals, too!
- 20 Best Disney Christmas Pajamas for Your Family
- Top 25 Best Disney Christmas Nightgowns
- 40 Best Disney Christmas Pajamas for Toddlers
- Top 15 Disney Christmas Sweater for Toddlers
- 50 Best Disney Christmas Sweaters for Adults
- Best 25 Disney Christmas Backpacks
- 50 Top Disney Christmas Phone Cases
- Top 100 Disney Christmas Facemasks